Occupancy includes Primary and Second/Vacation Homes with a maximum loan amount of $650,000 and a minimum down payment of 40%.
We determine the residency status of only the Primary Wage Earner (borrower who has the highest monthly income). If the borrower is self-employed or earns 100% commissions and does not file a U.S. tax return, they are not eligible for financing under this program. Credit requirements are either a minimum 720 Loan Score, or three directly verified references on mortgage/housing, installment or revolving accounts only from the borrower’s departure country. Minimum post-closing liquidity is 10% (of the loan amount) and must be verified as being deposited into a U.S. bank account prior to closing.
Foreign Nationals Borrowers – Eligible Visa Classes
A Foreign National borrower must provided evidence of one of the following visa classes:
- B-1, Business Vistors. Exploratory business. Eligible for second homes only.
- B-2, Tourst Visitors. Pleasure or ‘medical’ treatment. Eligible for second homes only.
- E-2, Treaty Traders or Investors. Created for developing trade between the U.S. and foreign countires with which the U.S. has a treaty. Used by treaty trader/investor, spouse and children.
- H-2A, Temporary Worker. Temporary agricultural worker.
- H-2B, Temporary Worker. Temporary worker for services not available in the U.S.
- H-3, Trainee. Temporary visa for trainee of a foreign corporation with a division of the corporation located in the U.S.
- I, Representative of Foreign Information Media. Used for foreign press radio, TV, film, and other foreign information media.
- J-1, Exchange Visitor. Used by students, scholars, teachers, physicians, etc. Must leave U.S. for two years after the visa expires.
Required Visa Classes
- J-2, Exchange Visitor. Same as J-1 except that this is for the spouse and children of the J-1 visa holder.
- O-1, Extraordinary Ability. Used for person with extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, or business..
- O-2, Extraordinary Ability. Used by essential staff members of O-1 visa holders.
- P-1, Athletes, and Entertainers. Used by internationally recognized athletes, entertainers, and their essential staff.
- P-2, Artists, and Entertainers. Used by entertainers coming to the U.S. in a group for the purpose of presenting culturally unique performances.
- P-3, Artists, and Entertainers. Used by artists and entertainers coming to the U.S. in a group for the purpose of presenting
culturally unique performances.
- R-1, Religious Representative. Issued to ministers, missionaries, priests, etc., who live and/or work in the U.S. for various
This page is also available in: Chinese (Simplified)